[drakma-devel] Re: Portability of Drakma

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Apr 6 13:30:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:43:30 +0200, "Erik Huelsmann" <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok. I tested on Windows too. I have LispWorks and ACL 6.2 on
> Windows.  The latter doesn't work with start.lisp from STARTER-PACK

Sure.  STARTER-PACK is only for LispWorks.

For AllegroCL, you'd have to figure out a way to locate the ASDF
systems.  FWIW, the relevant parts of my ~/.clinit.cl on Windows look
like this:

  (in-package :cl-user)

  (require :asdf)

  #+:asdf
  (dolist (dir-candidate (directory "c:/home/lisp/*" :directories-are-files nil))
    (when (excl:file-directory-p dir-candidate)
      (let ((asd-candidate (merge-pathnames "*.asd" dir-candidate)))
        (when (directory asd-candidate)
          (push dir-candidate asdf:*central-registry*)))))

That should slurp in all "c:/home/lisp/*/*.asd" system definitions.

> That was all the testing I can do. BTW: the CL+SSL problems I
> experienced were with the newest clisp (2.41), so it looks like
> Drakma isn't able to run on clisp anymore (?).

Hmm, maybe the CLISP users on this list should try and report to the
CL+SSL mailing list if necessary.  I personally don't use CLISP.

> If there are any more Windows/Linux implementations you want me to
> test with, just say so!

AllegroCL and LispWorks are important for me.  I guess that some
people would eventually be interested in SBCL/Win, but I don't know
how mature it is.  CormanLisp would be nice to have, but I'm not aware
that there is currently anyone using Corman with Drakma.  They should
probably take care of testing themselves.

Thanks,
Edi.