[drakma-devel] Re: Portability of Drakma

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:10:58 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:54:57 +0100, "Erik Huelsmann" <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I created a patch (and a full archive) for drakma 0.6.0. I did
> > initial testing with usocket 0.3.2 and sbcl on linux 2.6. I'll put
> > up a text file at the same location to log the already-tested
> > combinations. The archive is at http://hix.nu/drakma/ (which is
> > behind my dsl line at 1Mbit).
> >
> > Version 0.3.2 for usocket is required: I added the
> > close-the-stream-means-closing-the-socket API guarantee in that
> > version.
> >
> > Any problems with usocket can be reported directly to me, here (for
> > reference for other testers), or at usocket-devel at common-lisp.net.
> >
> > I'll be testing a number of other combinations too, but I was out of
> > time this weekend.
>
> Did you get any more test results in the meantime?

I did. I tested with LispWorks, Allegro 8, cmucl, ecl and clisp on Linux.

My clisp was incompatible with cl+ssl, so I'll post more results
later. ECL isn't compatible with trivial-gray-streams, it seems.

The other 3 worked without problems.

Leaves OpenMCL (which I can't test) and LispWorks and Allegro on
Windows (which I'll post about later, since I'm in Linux now).

All in all, it seems to work just fine.

bye,

Erik.