[cxml-devel] Ho do I write the following on a sink?

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Mon May 16 07:39:48 UTC 2011

Ok.  So this boils down to "let's get CXML" handle entities.

How do we do that?

In general I have found most (X)HTML writing facilities lacking in this or that respect.  Since I am using CXM to do the reading, it would be natural not to depend on YAL (Yet Another Library) to do the reading.  I am willing to help extending it, instead of rolling out my XHTMΛ (pun intended :) ) html writing facility.

One note.  Having to write (cxml:unescaped sink "Λ") is a workaround, but it is not really a nice thing, since I have to manually break the string.  Especially when we think of the standard SLDJ lover who tries out CXML :)

So.  Somewhere, a string in a XHTML processor is "compiled" to generate SAX events.  That is where the entity processing should go.  Where exactly is this bit?

Cheers
--
Marco

--