[cxml-devel] Ho do I write the following on a sink?

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Wed May 11 13:20:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 02:22:15PM +0200, David Lichteblau wrote:
> So is there a reason for the lack of entity reference writing support?
> Mainly just that I've never needed it myself.  Usually I would just
> write the actual character.  Λ means the same thing as the
> character with the code 923 on any Lisp with Unicode support, and every
> XML parser can Unicode characters.

The entity 'λ' could mean _anything_ depending on context:

<?xml version='1.0' />

<!doctype marketing-blah [
 <!ENTITY lambda "Lambda Inc. - World leader in artificial inteligence">
]>

 <marketing-bal>
   <title>Wlecome to the world of λ</title>

Bundle this with xinclude and you get a lot of reasons to support entity
reference writing.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes