[cxml-devel] flexml: a new document model i'm playing with

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Jan 27 16:06:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

Quoting Attila Lendvai (attila.lendvai at gmail.com):
> as a followup, please find the current version attached. unfortunately
> i was drawn away from this code, but it works well when working with
> gccxml outputs.

that sounds interesting.

However, these days I try to package up extensions to cxml as separate
projects.   My suggestion would be to do the same for your code.

(For example, cxml-stp, cxml-rng, Plexippus XPath, and Xuriella XSLT are
strictly add-ons to cxml.  In addition, projects like Closure Common and
Closure HTML were originally a part of Closure and are now maintained
separately.)

I am still undecided whether it would be a good idea to go further and
actually split up the existing cxml code base.  The DOM implementation
would be a good candidate.

For now, I will probably not split up cxml, but also not make it much
larger.

d.