[cxml-devel] CXML on OpenMCL

Sunil Mishra smishra at sfmishras.com
Tue Feb 20 05:58:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

What is the status of CXML on OpenMCL? I'm using the OpenMCL build from
070214. This is a pre-release version that runs on intel macs.

I see the following when cxml is loaded:

;;; Checking for wide character support... no, reverting to octet strings.
;;; Building cxml with (UNSIGNED-BYTE 16) RUNES

However, when I trace runes:rod=, I see:

0> Calling (RUNES:ROD= #(69 78 84 73 84 89) #(69 78 84 73 84 89))
<0 RUNES:ROD= returned T
0> Calling (RUNES:ROD= "cent" "iexcl")
<0 RUNES:ROD= returned NIL
0> Calling (RUNES:ROD= "cent" "nbsp")

I think this only happens when a DTD file requests the loading of an
entities file. My guess is that files are being opened inconsistently in
different spots in cxml. I don't understand CXML's architecture well
enough to figure out this problem, perhaps one of you could help with this?

Thanks,

Sunil