[cxml-devel] flush-ystream on character-stream-yestream

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Jan 23 22:12:18 UTC 2006

Quoting Nathan Bird (nathan at acceleration.net):
>                 ;;this end argument had been missing.
>                 :end (ystream-in-ptr ystream))

Oops, thank you.  Committed to CVS.

> BTW, I've been playing around with using CXML to generate XUL, since it
> mixes with HTML and namespaces matter and all that jazz. As an interesting
> comparison I tried generating and serializing out through UnCommon Web a big
> html table with a lot of dynamic generated strings in it.  It looks like
> doing it with CXML is about 2.5 times faster than doing the equivalent with
> UCW's own tool-- yaclml. Sweet!

That's good to know.  My own changes have been more about correctness
and features, but it's obvious that Gilbert put some thought into
optimizations.

(Although the DOM functions are inherently complex and rather slow
compared to the actual parser.  For example, parsing with xmls-compat is
dramatically faster than parsing into DOM.)

David