[cxml-devel] Bugs in handling namespaces

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Aug 20 15:23:06 UTC 2006

Quoting Sunil Mishra (smishra at sfmishras.com):
> So, here's what I'm seeing when I try to introduce multiple namespaces
> into an XML document... Note that the final output states the namespaces
> for both svg and xlink as implicit. Further, implicit namespace
> declarations are not necessarily applied to attributes.

Thanks for the reports.

The namespace normalizer (xml/xmlns-normalizer.lisp) is very new and
very untested.  In addition, there was a buglet in map-document.

(It would be quite helpful if you could come up with more test cases for
the namespace normalizer as a basis for a little test suite!)

> CL-USER(38): (dom:map-document
> 	      (cxml:make-namespace-normalizer
> 	       (cxml:make-octet-stream-sink *standard-output*))
> 	      svg :include-doctype :canonical-notations)
> <svg href="#nothing" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"></svg>

Okay, now that gives:
<svg NS1:href="#nothing" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:NS1="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"></svg>

> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
  <defs>
    <rect
> fill="black" height="10" id="default-node-shape" stroke="blue"
> width="60"></rect>
  </defs>
</svg>

Fixed that too.