[cxml-devel] Bugs in handling namespaces

Sunil Mishra smishra at sfmishras.com
Fri Aug 18 05:05:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Given how many issues I'm posting, I should probably start contributing
fixes too :-) Is there a starter document that describes the components
of cxml at a high level?

So, here's what I'm seeing when I try to introduce multiple namespaces
into an XML document... Note that the final output states the namespaces
for both svg and xlink as implicit. Further, implicit namespace
declarations are not necessarily applied to attributes.

CL-USER(36): (setq svg
	       (dom:create-document
		'rune-dom:implementation
		"http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
		"svg"
		(dom:create-document-type
		 'rune-dom:implementation
		 "svg"
		 "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
		 "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd")))
#<RUNE-DOM::DOCUMENT @ #x21142992>
CL-USER(37): (dom:set-attribute-ns
	      (dom:document-element svg)
	      "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
	      "href" "#nothing")
CL-USER(38): (dom:map-document
	      (cxml:make-namespace-normalizer
	       (cxml:make-octet-stream-sink *standard-output*))
	      svg :include-doctype :canonical-notations)
<svg href="#nothing" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"></svg>

Now we see what happens when we start with a document in a string. See
the attached file. Here's what happens when I parse and re-output the file:

CL-USER(54): (setq svg (cxml:parse-file #p"C:\\test.xml"
(rune-dom:make-dom-builder)))
#<RUNE-DOM::DOCUMENT @ #x20c05482>
CL-USER(55): (dom:map-document
	      (cxml:make-namespace-normalizer
	       (cxml:make-octet-stream-sink *standard-output*))
	      svg :include-doctype :canonical-notations)
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
  <defs>
    <rect
fill="black" height="10" id="default-node-shape" stroke="blue"
width="60"></rect>
  </defs>
</svg>

Thanks in advance,