Fwd: escape code not parsed

Anton Vidovic anton.vidovic at gmx.de
Sat Jul 16 09:17:00 UTC 2022

Hello,

yesterday by chance I stumbled upon the following bug report by cage:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-ncurses/2022-07/msg00000.html

I am reposing it here for future reference, since I am not sure whether
this is a ncurses bug or a croatoan bug.

cage, if you are reading this, I am trying to reproduce it on my own
from your description, but have not had success yet. Could you maybe
provide a minimal example (here or as an issue at gh) of how to
reproduce the bug?

I would have to first check whether it is a bug with croatoan, with the
cffi ncurses wrapper or with ncurses itself, so in the end I would need
to write a minimal example in C to get a better chance for the ncurses
author to reproduce it himself and be able to debug it.

Also I think that posting to bug-ncurses is better than help-ncurses,
because the latter seems to be very low volume.

Regards,
A.