howto run commonqt asynchronously

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Mon Dec 28 18:45:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

 I'm looking for a common lisp tool to open multiple gui windows on
the fly from the repl for realtime musical applications, like synth
modules or graphs for displaying waveforms with cursors moving above
them.

I haven't found any documentation on this, but my tests seem to
indicate that a commonqt application blocks the repl and only one
qtapplication can be run at a time.

Is there an easy solution for this? I have used mcclim before and it
was possible there as every application-frame has its own repl, but I
fear mcclim doesn't have the same performance as qt.

--
Orm