[clpython-devel] Status?

Rudolf omouse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:48:05 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 11:18 AM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/15/08, Rudolf <omouse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Heya, I just stumbled upon CLPython today. What's the status of it? Is
> there
> > *any* sort of development going on?
>
> Hi Rudolf, I'm just an occasional user of CL-Python, I don't have anything
> to do with the project. But no-on else has answered so here I am.
> CL-Python seems to work as advertised -- I had no trouble getting it to
> run
> and I didn't encounter any bugs (although I didn't look carefully).
> So it seems like a suitable basis for continuing development (even if
> you end up working by yourself).

Does it absolutely require Allegro CL? I don't have that installed yet but I
think it'd be neat if it would run on SBCL or CLISP with the most minimal of
changes. That's actually what I'd like to do first before adding
functionality.

Do you know if benchmarks have been done comparing the speed of CLPython to
CPython?

-Rudolf