[closer-devel] OpenMCL and funcallable-standard-object

Vyacheslav Akhmechet coffeemug at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:17:09 UTC 2007

On 11/11/07, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
> Yes, OpenMCL doesn't support the generic function invocation protocol
> as specified in AMOP, so there is not much use to export that symbol.
Right, but I'm not talking about GF invocation. I have code that makes
instances of classes funcallable. Because ACL doesn't automatically
use FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-OBJECT for classes with metaclass
FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS I have code that looks like this:

(defclass foo (c2mop:funcallable-standard-object)
 (...)
 (:metaclass c2mop:funcallable-standard-class))

I can easily add #+allegro to the superclass, but OpenMCL does support
support FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-OBJECT, it's just that it's not exported
by Closer.

> There was a suggestion how to make at least parts of the protocol
> work. As soon as I find the time to look more into this, it may happen
> that I add this in a later version of Closer to MOP. But don't hold
> your breath...
That was probably the code I posted which I wrote to make parts of
Weblocks work.