[closer-devel] OpenMCL and funcallable-standard-object

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Nov 11 14:12:50 UTC 2007

On 10 Nov 2007, at 23:54, Vyacheslav Akhmechet wrote:

> On OpenMCL 1.0 the symbol FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-OBJECT is not exported
> from C2MOP. It seems to be exported on SBCL, CMUCL, ACL, CLISP and
> LispWorks. On OpenMCL the symbol is interned in CCL package (and for
> some reason isn't exported).
>
> Is this expected?

Yes, OpenMCL doesn't support the generic function invocation protocol
as specified in AMOP, so there is not much use to export that symbol.

There was a suggestion how to make at least parts of the protocol
work. As soon as I find the time to look more into this, it may happen
that I add this in a later version of Closer to MOP. But don't hold
your breath...

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab