[closer-devel] two defun's MIA

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Wed Nov 1 16:01:36 UTC 2006

On 1 Nov 2006, at 16:50, Attila Lendvai wrote:

>>> as a small return, please find a patch for closer-mop attached
>>> that adds this information in a file called mop-tips.txt
>>>

>> This is a great idea.
>
> I don't want to make such tips part of the Closer to MOP
> distribution, but would prefer this to be a separate document. I'm
> thinking about a "design patterns"-style collection of CLOS MOP
> idioms.
>
> i tough of this because locality of related information is a good
> thing and people plaing with the mop most probably will use closer-
> mop.

I feel flattered that you say this, but I don't think that's true. ;)
Secondly, the long-term goal of Closer to MOP is to become
unnecessary. My hope is that sooner or later, the CLOS MOP is
specified and implemented well enough that you don't need a
compatibility layer anymore.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab