Slots in layers, was Re: [closer-devel] ContextL design question...

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Tue Feb 28 08:24:59 UTC 2006

On 27 Feb 2006, at 19:10, Nick Bourner wrote:

> Hi Pascal,
>
> I have to agree with your opinion that the prototype-based approach is
> the one to go for. I think that  moving to a class-based approach adds
> far too much complexity for minimal or no real gain in usefulness or
> expressiveness. In my opinion that would be unfortunate, because for
> me one of the strengths of ContextL is that it provides a conceptually
> simple, but very powerful, abstraction that  can be used to simplify
> the organisation and expression of application code. Making the
> abstraction more complex somewhat defeats the object - if you're not
> careful you could wind up with application code that's as complex as
> it would have been without the layering.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

> BTW - is the code for slots in layers available? I could really use
> that about now :-)

Hmm, could you explain to me again what it is that you want here - I
only have a rough idea from our discussion at the Dynamic Languages
Day, but it would be helpful if you try to describe again what
problem you actually want to solve. I hope I can then find a solution...

Cheers,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab