[closer-devel] Re: Layered function troubles

Nick Bourner nickb42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:10:57 UTC 2006

Hmm. In case anyone else has a similar problem, the blindingly stupid
mistake was sloppy programming on my part. I had assumed that
define-layered-method worked the same as defmethod, so I could get away
without using define-layered-function first because define-layered-method
would do it for me, especially since I got a warning saying that the generic
function had implicitly been created. Bad assumption. It all works fine as
long as you remember to use define-layered-function to create the generic
first.

Nick