Gitlab groups and publishing static web pages

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 19:22:43 UTC 2020

Hi Marco, Ray,

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 7:16 PM Marco Antoniotti <marco.antoniotti at unimib.it>
wrote:

> Hi Ray
>
> I just checked writing the /project/myproject/public_html.  It works for *old
> projects*.

That's correct. I've asked project owners to move their site maintenance to
GitLab; not all have found the time or inclination to do that and one or
two pointed out that the new way of working would pose a problem for them.
The current setup is to return pages from /project/*/public_html when that
exists or to serve the pages from <project>-site alternatively.

[ snip ]

The updated OOK doc pages get loaded as expected (as you can check).

> I will have a look at the alternative setup for the "new", Gitlab-started
> projects as you suggested.  I kinda wanted to avoid peppering the source
> tree with exogenous stuff like the .yml one.
> However, from what I understand from the cl-couch, cmucl-site and
> maxima-site examples, it should be sufficient for me to add
>
> pages:  stage: deploy  script: mv docs/html public  artifacts:     paths:       - public  tags:    - site-gen  only:    - master
>

> to, say, the with-context top directory?  Or could I add it to the docs
> subdirectory only (changing the script entry)?

Yes, that's how it works (from the top directory, that is). The name of the
repository/project should be with-context-site. The text after the
"script:" key can be any command that needs to be executed in order to
produce a top-level directory named "public".

> Just asking for reassurances before trying it out...
>
> All the best
> Thanks for your help

No problem. You're welcome. In case of more questions, don't hesitate to
ask!

> Marco
>

> PS  I understand the issues with having more than one CL implementation
> installed.  No problems there...

We could look at having Docker images with the various CL implementations,
which would allow you to choose your favorate implementation of the day.
Not sure how easy it would be to make it available for CMUCL though.

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.