Gitlab groups and publishing static web pages

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 19:02:27 UTC 2020

    Marco> Hi Ray I just checked writing the
    Marco> /project/myproject/public_html.  It works for old projects.

Ah, didn't know that.  I thought all projects got migrated.

    Marco> I will have a look at the alternative setup for the "new",
    Marco> Gitlab-started projects as you suggested.  I kinda wanted to
    Marco> avoid peppering the source tree with exogenous stuff like the
    Marco> .yml one.  However, from what I understand from the cl-couch,
    Marco> cmucl-site and maxima-site examples, it should be sufficient
    Marco> for me to add pages:
    Marco>   stage: deploy
    Marco>   script: mv docs/html public
    Marco>   artifacts:
    Marco>      paths:
    Marco>        - public
    Marco>   tags:
    Marco>     - site-gen
    Marco>   only:
    Marco>     - master

    Marco> to, say, the with-context top directory?  Or could I add it
    Marco> to the docs subdirectory only (changing the script entry)?

Something like that.  I had to do quite a few experiments to get
everything working.  Not hard but it does take a bit of time.  Putting
in random prints was helpful too.

I find it super convenient to have CI handle the dirty work of even just
copying the files so I don't have to remember when I updated the site.

--
Ray