gitlab problem

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 19:44:15 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Earlier today, I checked the status of the system due to that message
("update asap"), but there were no new packages that came in... So, I left
it.
Now with this report, I've restarted GitLab. Turns out that was the point:
the package got installed, but gitlab didn't get restarted. Now that it
has, the message has improved.

Unfortunately, the user still couldn't create new repositories (verified
through impersonation). As it turns out: GitLab installation procedure
apparently changed lately: the required database changes used to be applied
upon package install. Now, that's no longer the case; I had to apply the
database changes manually on several occasions over the past weeks.

However, now that the database upgrades have been done as well, the user
has been verified to be able to create new repositories!

Happy hacking! And thanks for the report!

Regards,

Erik.

BTW: The way I found out about the pending database upgrades was through
the "System Health" page which said something to that effect.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 4:53 PM Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *ioanna <dimitriou at ioa.re>
> *Subject: **gitlab problem*
> *Date: *July 3, 2019 at 23:01:59 GMT+2
> *To: *Mark Evenson <evenson.not.org at gmail.com>
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> how are you? It was fun to meet you at the last ELS.
>
> I'm having issues creating new projects at gitlab.common-lisp.net
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> -----
> The form contains the following error:
>
>    undefined method `default_git_depth' for
> #<ProjectCiCdSetting:0x00007f6fe312b808> Did you mean? default_timezone
> -----
>
> Who shall I write about this? I couldn't find any links.
>

> The user ‘idimitriou' is having problems creating new projects, which I am
> able to replicate via impersonating the user in the Gitlab web interface.
>
> [1]: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/idimitriou
>
> I notice that the admin dashboard displays GitLab 12.0.2 (1a9fd38a4ca)
> with “update asap” in red.  Perhaps upgrading will make this issue go away?
>

> --
> "A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is
> nothing
> to compare to it now."

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.