Proposal: project pages deployment through GitLab

Erik Huelsmann ehuelsmann at common-lisp.net
Fri Oct 26 18:30:54 UTC 2018

Hi Dave,

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 6:53 PM Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com>
wrote:

> That sounds like a natural next step to me.

Ok. Good. It's probably good to note that in my plans this type of project
page deployment will be the *only* supported way for project page
deployment once introduced. (Given the little feedback I received last time
I pitched the idea, I thought it was a good idea to mention this fact.)

I've analysed the content of some of the largest /project/*/public_html
directories to prepare for this move. While we made a huge step in reducing
the content of public_html/ directories which wasn't really "site content"
(yet, rather Git or Darcs repositories), some of the largest ones are using
the public_html/ directory for binary artifact distribution (mostly release
binaries). I'll have a look at what we can do to support hosting that kind
of content (maybe with an artifact repository of some kind?) instead of
depending on public_html/ for it.

> Maybe we'll finally set up a Project Page for Gendl in that case!

I'll also check if I can make this a phased approach where we can move the
projects over which aren't hosting (release/non-site) artifacts and work on
the other projects when we have a solution for the binary artifact content.

Regards,

Erik.