Proposal: project pages deployment through GitLab

Erik Huelsmann ehuelsmann at common-lisp.net
Fri Oct 26 15:23:40 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As you all have noticed, I've been working to clean up common-lisp.net and
simplifying the administration process.

One of the things we have done is that we implemented a deployment pipeline
for the common-lisp.net main site using GitLab. It's been a great joy to
work with it so far and made deployment of new site content easier than
ever before.

*My proposal is to set up a GitLab CI based deployment pipeline* for *all
common-lisp.net <http://common-lisp.net> projects*. Meaning that I'm
proposing to import the current project pages (/project/*/public_html) into
GitLab repositories (<project-name>-site) with a gitlab-ci file which
causes the content to be published.

The approach above will mean simple import of the existing static content.
However, after import, the static output can be replaced by different input
and a static content generator, just like we did with the common-lisp.net
site.

Eager to hear your thoughts,