GitLab now has 'reply by e-mail' enabled

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:09:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:23 PM Vladimir Sedach <vsedach at gmail.com> wrote:

> > When you receive a notification e-mail from our GitLab instance, you can
> > now send a reply to that notification. If the notification was from an
> > issue being updated, then your reply will update the issue with a
> follow-up
> > commont.
>
> Very handy, thank you!

You're welcome. However, there was a configuration problem on the side of
GMail (which now has been resolved), so it now actually works :-)

For anyone that wants to use this, you probably want to set
> notification settings to "Watch" in Settings > Notifications in the
> web UI to get emails about new issues.

Another tip: when responding to a mail, your quoted text is added to your
response as well. So, if you don't intend to add quoted text to your
response (e.g. when top-posting), remember to remove the quoted text
"below".

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.