[missing implementations]

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:35:39 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 4:32 AM Daniel KochmaƄski <daniel at turtleware.eu>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> new website is great. There are though a few suprises:

Yes, the new site looks really nice.

I think the latest news section should have common-lisp news first. (I
couldn't care less about what reddit has to say, but maybe that's just me.)

The getting started page could be a bit more inclusive (or less exclusive).

> - clisp and lispworks are not listed in Resources -> Common Lisp
> Implementations

There are others missing like cmucl and gcl.  What is the criteria here?

I think the order of the resources pull down should have lisp
implementations first.

Resources->Libraries includes a section on implementations.  That seems
wrong. (Also, what is the criteria for having a link o stand compliance or
conformance?)

I also random clicked on some of the projects.  Quite a few are just place
holders.  In those cases, could they just be redirected to the git repo?
It just makes the project look totally dead.

I would be kind of neat if the project pages that happen to be hosted on
common-lisp.net use a uniform style.  That would make the sites look really
nice.  (Cmucl just redirects to it's wiki page, which is better than
nothing.)

The project hosting page (https://common-lisp.net/project-intro) mentions
CVS access in the Table of Contents.  That's all gone.  Similarly, the
"Repositories over the web" section mentions cvs and subversion, as the
"Subversion" section.  Also, the section on git repos mentions the commit
list is project-cvs at common-lisp.net.  Is that true?  Finally, IIRC, Trac is
still available, but really rather limited, maybe even mostly read-only.
(Maybe also need to update https://common-lisp.net/tools#trac.)  Maybe
there needs to be a mention somewhere (I didn't find any) that c-l.net is
using gitlab. (BTW, is there a way to find out what version of gitlab is
being used?)

These are just some things I noticed when looking over this new site for
the first time.  Many of these are probably issues with the old site, so
it's kind of expected the new one has the same issues.

It looks really great, though!

--
Ray