2018 Site Redesign Proposal

Cheryl Yang lisp at cheryllium.com
Sat Mar 31 23:08:06 UTC 2018

Hello everyone, long time no talk!

I hope everyone has been well. I've had... a hectic time of it but I'm settling down finally.

I should apologize for how MIA and hard-to-reach I have been.

Hopefully now that things are more stable in my personal life, I can give more time to CL and other projects.

As a start, I've written a basic design update for Common-Lisp.net. You can view and comment on the code for it here: https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/clo/site/merge_requests/1

This features actual mobile responsiveness (yes, the last design had an embarrassing mistake, I know!) and removes the mtime dependency that was preventing us from upgrading Ruby on CLnet's servers. I think we're still on a very old Ruby version, hopefully this will allow us to upgrade it, or at least remove one more barrier.

Please take your time to review it at your leisure; I know I'm sort of surprising everyone with this.

I've attached a few screenshots so you can see what it looks like at a glance.

Thank you,

- C. Yang