How to deploy your project pages through GitLab

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:49:56 UTC 2018

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:49 AM Erik Huelsmann
<ehuelsmann at common-lisp.net> wrote:

> I've adjusted the Apache config (and moved the /project/cmucl/public_html/downloads directory to /project/cmucl/downloads to test). You can now use the GitLab site deployment through GitLab Pages and expect the directory /project/*/downloads to be mapped into the site at https://common-lisp.net/project/*/downloads.

I moved public_html out of the way, and everything looks good.

And even better, I don't have to change any of the existing links from
either the site or the cmucl wiki.  Awesome!

Thank you so much!

>>   I will
>> have to update the site and all the wiki pages to point to the right
>> place but this should be a very simple search and replace.  And let
>> people who mirror the site know what the new path is.
>

> There are 2 new paths to be mirrored, (a) with the site; (b) with the downloads:
>
> (a) /var/opt/gitlab/gitlab-rails/shared/pages/cmucl/cmucl-site/public
> (b) /srv/project/cmucl/downloads

I'm a bit confused on what these two paths mean.  Is (a) where the
actual html pages live?  Previously, the html pages were stored in
public_html/mirror. (Also, I don't seem to have access to that
directory.)

And (b) is the path I can use to rsync all the downloads?  I'm
guessing the site generator doesn't have access to the downloads path?

Again, I'm really grateful for you help with this.

--
Ray