github down, gitlab.clnet up.

Cheryl Yang lisp at cheryllium.com
Fri Oct 21 18:57:28 UTC 2016

The outage appears to be mainly affecting the US east coast. I live on the east coast (New York) and everything is down for me, including github and my email service. However, I'm able to access most of these sites through a proxy based in California.

If you really need to access an affected sites, it's worth trying to do it through a proxy based somewhere else geographically - that's the workaround that's working for me.

Hope this helps someone.

C. Yang

---- On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:41:04 -0400Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote ----

Just a note that github (and other major sites in the U.S.) appear to be under heavy cyber attack today.

Meanwhile gitlab.common-lisp.net continues business as usual.

Knock wood, but this kind of thing continues to make the case for CL projects moving their hosting to gitlab.common-lisp.net.

--

My Best,

Dave Cooper, david.cooper at gen.works

genworks.com, gendl.org