Request for comments: Design of common-lisp.net and Logo

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Thu Sep 24 12:56:44 UTC 2015

> > Second, I noticed that we (as in the CL community) don't seem to have
> > a language logo. There are a handful of Lisp logos but none that
> > exclusively say “Common Lisp”. I think common-lisp.net could use one
> > especially. I would be interested in “crowd sourcing” a logo for the
> > CL community by ways of a public poll. The question is, what
> > should/could be in a CL logo?

The rights to the logo currently being used at common-lisp.net (attached)
were granted to the Common Lisp Foundation by Guy Steele. You may recognize
this as coming from the cover of The Little Lisper.

I realize this logo does not explicitly say "Common Lisp."

How about morphing the upside-down lambda on the left into something like a
"C" (and leaving the other lambda alone, since this is already a form of
letter "L") ?

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper