Signing up via github and/or google?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:50:44 UTC 2015

    Erik> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

    Ray> Does that work yet?  I just
    Ray> tried using my github and google accounts.
    Ray> Neither of them work.

    Erik> GitLab distinguishes between "Sign up" and "Sign in" buttons
    Erik> in the UI. Currently, I've disabled "Sign up" and only allow
    Erik> "Sign in" because I'm able to keep the system accounts
    Erik> aligned with the GitLab accounts. I'm open for discussion on
    Erik> that point though. It just seemed to be the most practical
    Erik> and spam-free solution at the time.

    Erik> You should be able to associate your GitHub or Google/GMail
    Erik> creds with your account and use the creds for their account
    Erik> to log in (sign in) on our GitLab instance though.

Hmm.  I just tried to sign in using github and google. In both cases,
it fails.  (Using github says unauthorized to create user, signup
disabled.  Google gives some long message about not being setup or
something.)  If there's something else I need to do besides pressing
the "Sign in with github/google" buttons, then I didn't do it.

Not a problem for me since I usually use my username and password, but
thought I'd let you know.

    Ray> Mostly just curious, since I,
    Ray> of course, have an account.  But what
    Ray> about new users?

    Erik> That's open for discussion.

This came up because someone reported an issue on cmucl and I asked
them to report it on gitlab.  He doesn't have an account and didn't
see any way to create one.

--
Ray