Old git URLs

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:35:04 UTC 2015

Hi Anton,

I have just discovered that old git URLs, mentioned in various web pages
> and manuals do not work. For example,
>
>    git clone git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf.git
>
> fails with
>
>   fatal: unable to connect to common-lisp.net:
>   common-lisp.net[0: 148.251.248.130]: errno=Connection refused
>   common-lisp.net[1: 2a01:4f8:200:4310::30]: errno=Network is unreachable

Yea. This is too bad, indeed.

> New format, as suggested at GitLab project pages:
>
>    git clone git at common-lisp.net:asdf/asdf.git
>
> works.
>
> It makes sense, if technically possible, to support old addresses too.

Unfortunately, GitLab doesn't support it at this moment *and* has rejected
feature requests to that extent multiple times in the past. There are
workarounds documented on the web, but I/we are trying to migrate
common-lisp.net to a stable platform and to get away from the old situation
where litterally tens of cron jobs stitched holes in the various software
packages by running checks every 10 minutes or every hour.

So, personally, I'd like to stick to standard versions and software as much
as possible. Would it be an option to simply update the web pages?

Regards,

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.