Progress on stitching mailing list history back together

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Apr 8 17:11:59 UTC 2015

On 2015/4/8 12:13, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Mark, all,
>
> No problem. The archives have been offline for so long a week or two
>> doesn't make all that much difference.
>>
>> It would be nice to be able to announce on ELS that they're finally
>> stitched and back though. Hope that's a timeline you can support when you
>> look at it more closely on Thursday.
>>

> Been searching around for documentation regarding
> non-time-sequentially-ordered mailman archives. My reading of
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-April/056687.html is
> that we can add the missing posts any time and simply need to regenerated
> the entire archive when we do.
>
> That being the case, I think I should restore the mailing list archives and
> when we get to it, we can add the missing mails to the armedbear-devel
> list's archive. That would remove the pressure off of you to come up with
> the missing mails asap.
>
> Would that work for you?

Not sure what you are suggesting other than wait until my full archive
is available…

In any case, I finally got enough bandwidth [to upload my IMAP archives
as Thunderbird had them on my local disk][1].

Slice 'n dice at will; or tell me the format that you need to process.
I assume [mbox][2] would be the natural choice, probably stripping out
the delivery headers.

[1]: https://common-lisp.net/user/mevenson/armedbear-devel.gz

[2]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbox

is nothing to compare to it now."