[Clo-devel] trac is down: 504 Gateway Time-out, nginx/1.4.4

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:19:46 UTC 2014

Since a large number of clients were creating tickets and requesting
invalid links from Trac, I've additionally installed Fail2Ban. Every IP
which requests a specific type of invalid URL or tries to create a ticket
without being authorized for 5 times, gets "expelled" for 4 weeks.

Fail2Ban has collected a significant number of IPs which were exhibiting
this behaviour already and the pressure on the Trac daemons seems to have
dropped. The load average on the box has dropped to 0.17.

Regards,

Erik.