Monthly mailing list announcements?

Drew C me at drewc.ca
Tue Sep 3 16:41:00 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just noticed that I don't get the monthly mailing list reminders about
> subscriptions and passwords that I used to get.

There are no passwords for web interface for the current mlmmj, so the
reminders are not sent out because there is not a password for a web
interface.

> Are they supposed to be working or have they been disabled?

They are 'working' fine, but there is not one for passwords for there is
not a password per se. Would you prefer a reminder about what lists you are
subscribed to regardless? That can be done and it simply a cron job.

> And where are the mailing list archives again?  All of the old links are

broken.

Can you tell me which links are broken?  All the old archives are still
there :

 http://lists.common-lisp.net/pipermail/

So, it is simply a matter of `ln -s`ing the right directory/file to the
spot where it has been for a while.

As for the 'newer' web archives, it has not been completed yet. There are
only 4 or 5 active mailing lists, yet someone wanted them all re-enabled
regardless of use at all, so I spent my time doing that rather then setting
up the web archives. Since then there has not been a request as far as I
can tell, so this may be the proper time to do it.

I think the best is "mlmmj-webarchive" from "
http://mlmmj.org/docs/readme-archives/". If you think so as well (view an
existing one at "http://www.libssh.org/archive/"), that could simply be
added today, and the 4-5 active lists will get a new archive soon.

Beyond that, I subscribe to every list on cl-net, and there is not much
usage. I turns out that many common lispers prefer to complain about things
rather then use them :).

So, in conclusion, "Would you prefer a reminder about what lists you are
subscribed to regardless?", "Can you tell me which links are broken?" and
"Do you have a web archive preference?".

Answer any one of those and what needs to be done to deal with it will be.
Sorry about the delay.

-- drewc