[clo-devel] Unresolved question about software design ...

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Sun Nov 27 06:04:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011, Jose Quevedo wrote:

> Im Marine Biologist and Electroacoustic Music Composition student, my
> aim is to make a software in Cmmon Lisp in which I can make algorithmic
> music with a seed of a virtual ecosistem modeled by computer.
>
> Im in the first steps of Common Lisp lenguage understanding, but I have
> a stone base question:
>
> Do I need another kind of tool more than the Lisp lenguage to build a
> software or only to master the proramming lenguage is enough for that?

This is a big project to undertake.  You will have much more success by
working with others to adapt existing software to your needs.

Here are some projects to look at.

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/clm/
http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/home
http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/

- Daniel

P.S.  This is off-topic for the clo-devel list.