[clo-devel] upgrading: how do you (want to) use cl.net? [detected: very large home directories]

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Mar 30 22:16:16 UTC 2011

Hello.

Here are the ideas about cl.net I have now.

Maybe it's reasonable to store git/hg repositories at external services as github and bitbucket,
and free the common-lisp.net admin resources?

Another idea is that it might be good to have a place where Common Lisp demo code
might be run. The same way as we have public_html now, user might be able to have
for example public_lisp_app where you can place demo version of your lisp application.

This is just an idea for discussion, I am not sure it's really necessary to do.

I am not sure, how strict sandboxing would be required for lisp code deployed by
common-lisp.net users. Should it be run in a single hunchentoot instance shared by all
the apps, or maybe a separate lisp processes on behalf of corresponding linux user,
or something else.

Providing the lisp "hosting" is more difficult probably than other things already p
rovided by common-lisp.net, but ability to run lisp code will really be unique service
at the moment (in contrast to the source code repos).

On the other hand, if someone wants to host a free application, he might put
some efforts into finishing ABCL support form Google App Engine, and
host his application there.

Best regards,
- Anton