[clo-devel] Added support: Anonymous checkout of Subversion repositories through HTTP

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:42:00 UTC 2011

Last year, there were some people asking for anonymous checkout of
some of the Subversion repositories on common-lisp.net, because they
were behind corporate proxies. While projects can set up the
equivalent for Git themselves, this is not the case for Subversion.

To support wider distribution of project sources from common-lisp.net,
I've set up anonymous checkout for Subversion-using projects on

  http://svn.common-lisp.net/<project>

The same URL allows browsing the HEAD revision of the repository,
although that doesn't seem too relevant anymore, since ViewVC is now
available for Subversion browsing too.

The svn.common-lisp.net root directory listing is empty because the
repositories are collected into one directory using symlinks instead
of being true directories; there's not much I can do about that (other
than patching the sources and rebuilding mod_dav_svn, which I'm not
about to do).