[clo-devel] Subversion repository browsing enabled through ViewVC

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:11:54 UTC 2011

Turns out setting up ViewVC to do Subversion repository browsing was
trivial once we had a mechanism to collect repository roots in one
place.

For Subversion, I set up /var/lib/svnroots which has the same purpose
as /var/lib/cvsroots. I set up a cron job to fill the svnroots
directory with symlinks on a daily interval. All symlinks which points
to repositories which don't have a "revision 1" are deleted, assuming
that's a good indicator of which projects use Subversion.

The http://common-lisp.net/viewvc listing contains CVS and Subversion
repositories sorted by alphabet.