[clo-devel] ViewVC (formerly ViewCVS) set up

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:46:41 UTC 2011

Just finished setting up ViewVC. In order to make it work, I had to
create a directory /var/lib/cvsroots which contains symlinks to all
cvsroots in all projects. This takes advantage of ViewVCs feature to
list all repositories in a specific directory. To keep the list
current, I installed a nightly cron job:
cron.root.update-viewvc-cvsroots.sh. No actual copying takes place,
just symlinks to the original repositories.

Additionally, I had to install a RedirectMatch because of the name-change.