[clo-devel] Standard subversion repository layout

Erik Enge erik.enge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:57:43 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
> While CVS - through its concept of modules - somewhat dictated the use
> of the repository, Subversion doesn't do this.  Standardising on
> repository layout for all of clo has some advantages though: if you
> decide to do that, it will be possible for example to provide a
> standard hook script to update the project website when a change is
> committed for it.

This is a nice idea but now that I think about how few projects
currently check in their public_html in CVS I think it's unlikely they
will care about doing the same in Subversion.  Right now the
Subversion repositories are pretty empty; we could choose to set up
branch, tag, trunk as a default of course.  That wouldn't be bad.  Are
there any "camps" inside the Subversion community that doesn't like
the trunk, tag, branch setup and prefer something else?

Thanks,