[lists] Re: [clo-devel] Project proposal (Handling Spam (Was Payment Past Due, account))

Anthony Ventimiglia anthony at ventimiglia.org
Tue Nov 18 12:34:57 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola writes:

 > Miles, very good point. And somewhat embarassing as I've agitated for
 > first-come, first-served paradigm myself... ;)
 >
 > I think that we might add naming guidelines to the FAQ,
 > along with the note that tey are not compulsory.

I think that's a good idea, one of the outcomes I'd like to see from
common-lisp.net is some sort of standardization recommendations,
somewhat analgous to GNU. This should of course be recommendations,
but they should be made nonetheless.

For instance one of the great things about Lisp is Docstrings, but
unfortunatley too many popular libraries have virtually no
documentation, I'm amazed when I read the source of some libraries and
barely find any comments. I think making a recommendation that all
exported functions should be well documented is a food idea.

 >   * As an alternative to the to above, various puns that insert "l" or
 >     "cl" somewhere in the name are also popular.

I always like pun names, so how about I change it to "bayescl"
(pronounced "basil").

--
(incf *yankees-world-series-losses*)