[lists] Re: [clo-devel] Getting clhp installed on Apache

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Thu Nov 13 23:35:59 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:34:54AM -0500, Anthony Ventimiglia wrote:

> Now as an option, you can set up apache so the clhp-handler will only
> work in specific directories, say just set it up so it works under
> /project/clhp/. That way only my pages could use it. It's really a
> matter of trust, do you trust all common-lisp developers to not write

Ok, I seem to have misunderstood. I though you wanted to just run it
for yourself. And even for you it would IMHO need to run chrooted
under clhp/public_html.

I don't think we necessarily want to provide dynamic pages for
projects in general. It IMHO increases the potential serverload far
more then it benefits anyone.

I'm kind of hoping we get slashdotted sooner or later, and that we
survive it. ;)

Those projects that have special needs may be provided for separately.
Otherwise, my stance is that this is a production box with only a
single part-time admin, so the less it is stressed the better.

OTOH, maybe my paranoia is just acting up. Comments?

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus