[Clo-devel] We're getting feedback!

Stig E Sandoe stig at boblycat.org
Thu Aug 21 15:16:03 UTC 2003

Quoting Erik Enge (erik at nittin.net):
| Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:
|
| > - Names of the project members and sponsors, ie who is running things
|
| How about, at the "About this site":
|
|   "This site is currently paid for and maintained by
|   <insert-our-names-here>"

That would clarify things, and let users know who is providing the
service.  Openness is good.

| > - What open source/free projects can get hosting?  DFSG?  Wider than
| > DFSG?  Stricter than DFSG? 'Hosting decisions are made on case-by-case
| > basis.' is fine, but some examples of accepted licences would be nice.
|
| I think DFSG sounds reasonable.  Any reason not to restrict it to DFSG?

DFSG is fairly well-known and respected.

| > - How about cron-jobs, e.g for rsync of cclan?"
|
| You mean that project members can add cron-jobs?  They can, although
| this is one of the things that could get out of hand real quick so use
| with moderation.  For things like cclan we can add a specific cron job,
| such as those for ftp and web.

As I suggested on #lisp, a system where each project can make a cclan/
directory in the project-root, and some script is run as cron-job that gathers
files from cclan/ for CCLAN-inclusion might be the best solution.  It will
probably also make cclan and cl.net work well together and be
attractive for people with lisp packages.  CCLAN is lacking a central
upload hub where (DFSG) lisp-projects can easily join CCLAN and upload
updates and packages.

| > "14:22 <Fufie> there's also no written guarantee on not reselling email-lists,
| >                source, etc
| > 14:23 <Fufie> ie a bit short on the legalese, disclaimers, .."
|
| Ok, let's mention this with the DFSG part.

Maybe
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=6049&group_id=1
is a good place to start/copy from.