[climacs-devel] Who maintains climacs?

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Apr 5 05:49:27 UTC 2010

Joop Kiefte writes:
 > The last messages on this list before my message seem to be from about a
 > year ago. Is Climacs without active developers? Is there an official
 > maintainer? Who "owns" the project? Did it die?

I am probably the closest one to an "owner" of the Climacs project.
The last active maintainer was Troels Henriksen, but he hasn't worked
on it for quite some time, and seems to be busy with other stuff now.

He did a lot of good things, but unfortunately also introduced some
bugs in the residsplay code.

 > I would like to put the project in Git and develop further on it
 > that way, but I would like to know if I can do that retaining the
 > name Climacs, and if it's worth it to change this or at least point
 > to it in the documents on the site as well.

You can keep the name.  I kind of like it!

Regards,
--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C