[climacs-devel] Some Climacs issues

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sat Jun 7 13:07:25 UTC 2008

"Nikodemus Siivola" <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> 1. C-x C-f foo.lisp, then Menu: Help->Describe Bindings
>
> Window splits into two views, and the Lisp view remains the active
> one. C-x C-b switches to the Help view, but the only visual clue that
> it is indeed the active one is that the cursor in the Lisp view turns
> blue. If there are multiple cursorless views visible, it is impossible
> to tell which one is currently active -- at least as far as I can
> tell.

I've been thinking about this now and again, and there are many ways
to fix it I think. One idea I've had is to encapsulate each window in
a border pane and disable/enable the borders when the active window
changes.

> 2. Lack of cursor-motion keybindings in the Help view is another
> thing, but I'm sure you knew that one. :)

This is hard to fix, because there isn't a cursor at all in the Help
view.

> 3. Finally, mousing over the binding names in the Help view leaves the
> focus boxe visible after the pointer moves over another binding name.
> Scrolling clears the focus boxes.

Yeah... this bug exists in the first 150 lines of climacs/typeout.lisp
or so and is related to the great lengths Climacs go to in order to
make typeout views transparent for the programmer. I'm not sure how
easy it is to fix, but it's not likely to require much code.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen