[climacs-devel] Re: Couple of first impressions

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Fri Dec 28 15:41:57 UTC 2007

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

>   * There are no keybindings in a Typeout Pane. Also you can `C-x o' to
>     such a pane, but there's no indicator that it's on focus. (This is
>     the cause of the confusion I was speaking of yesterday.) Next to
>     bindings for UP and DOWN, I'd also love to see a binding on `q' to
>     quit.

This sounds easily fixable.

>   * Trying to open a file in a Typeout Pane results in an error.
>
>       (C-h b, C-x o, C-x C-f, foo.lisp RET)

Good catch, just fixed this in CVS. This kind of bug is, however, a
symptom of a deeper issue, namely that typeout panes are not at all
Drei instances, and as such concepts like "current buffer" and
"current view" are erroneous while they are active. Perhaps typeout
panes should be implemented as a special kind of Drei view.

>   * C-/ does not work on German layout, presumably because / is a
>     shifted character there.

This is a McCLIM issue, or more specifically, a CLX issue. I have been
told CLX needs support for the XKEYBOARD extension to fix this.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen