[climacs-devel] Encountering a bug after C-x C-f

Sean Champ gimmal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 02:26:16 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 02:41 pm, Troels Henriksen wrote:
> Sean Champ <gimmal at gmail.com> writes:
> > The build in which I'd encountered the issue had been made with
> > most-recent checkouts from the HEAD for each of McCLIM, ESA, Climacs, and
> > felxichain.
> The problem is definitely an old version of ESA being loaded

Indeed. I would like to aplogize for that it was made as an issue to the list.

You know, if I had read, firstly the INSTALL file, rather than relying on
Google to find the source repository, then I should have fetched the correct
batch of sources, originally.

N.B, if the 'start' module is what should be checked-out on ESA, then perhaps
that may be mentioned in the INSTALL file.

> > (Maybe it could be actuated on command-function argument types, the means
> > whereby an input value would be read for a CLIM command, or a means
> > whereby a defaulted, input interface would be selected. e.g. if the
> > parameter would have to be of type PATHNAME, then a file-selection
> > dialogue could be presented. To implement this, it might involve some
> > implementation-specific code, e.g. using the CMUCL/SBCL CTYPE mechanism)
>
> You are talking about prompting for command parameters, right? CLIM
> already supports this - you can define "accept" methods for
> presentation types, specialized on "views", so you can have, say, a
> traditional text-based file selection facility, or a fancy, graphical
> file selector.

Thank you. I should be glad to have known so, when endeavoring to learn  of
the CLIM standard.

--
Sean