[climacs-devel] Question regarding `rest-forms' and associated functions in lisp-syntax.lisp

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Mon Apr 10 13:37:55 UTC 2006

I have a question regarding the functions `rest-forms', `first-form',
`nth-form' and the functions built on them. As far as I can see, they
are made to make it more convenient to navigate the structure of Lisp
forms by stripping away comment-lexemes. They do, however, leave
behind lexemes such as `quote-lexeme' and `comma-lexeme'. To me, it
would be more logical to make them strip away anything that is not a
form, and it would also be much more convenient. Thus, I propose to
change these functions to remove anything that is not a form, instead
of removing anything that is a comment.

Doing this will require trivial changes to the rest of the code, of
course, but I'm more concerned about whether I'm missing the point of
these functions, as I'm not very familiar with parser theory. Could
anyone please enlighten me?
--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ - Insert witty signature