[climacs-devel] a paragraph on persistent buffers

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 24 10:04:29 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Bakic <a_bakic at yahoo.com> writes:

>> The space cost of these implementations is not negligent...
>
> But I am :-) Thanks for the correction.

Not at all -- thank you for writing it!

While I have you, though: when you say "Also, it is not necessary
separately to remember editing operations in undo records, in order to
preserve precise buffer history", what is meant there?  Without having
looked at the code, my guess is that you're contrasting the persistent
buffer implementation of undo, which doesn't need to remember editing
operations, with the "ordinary" buffer implementation, which does --
but I could be wildly off.

Thanks,

Christophe