[climacs-devel] Syntax for an entire file

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Fri May 13 00:42:35 UTC 2005

I'm having trouble understanding the interaction between the parser and
the view of the buffer on screen. Is the buffer re-parsed every time the
view changes? I'm trying to understand why syntax is not working
correctly for parsed objects which extend beyond a single screenful -
for instance, #( on the first line, and ) many lines after. It seems
that when ) is on screen, the syntax is applied correctly, but when #(
is on screen, the entire buffer is not parsed and so there is no colored
display of #(. (Also the closing paren does not display on the correct
line - I'm still looking into this one.)
--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net