[climacs-devel] Re: Point - buffer or pane?

John Q Splittist splittist at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 17:17:38 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Bakic wrote:
> I can commit this patch as soon as you and Robert agree that the following
> scenario does not cause a problem:
>
> Suppose you have two panes and two buffers (e.g., *scratch* and foo). If you
> keep switching between the two buffers in both panes, you will notice that you
> can't really keep two independent points to the same buffer. Instead, the point
> that was last saved into buffer, when the buffer was buried in one pane, ends
> up in the other pane when the same buffer is unburied in that other pane.

This doesn't worry me: last-to-be-buried-wins is (I'm pretty sure) the
GNU Emacs behaviour: Indirect Buffers are something different.

But if Robert has a different/better idea, I would be happy to bow to
his deeper thought and try to implement that...

What about an application-wide Push Down List (stack) of points a la Zmacs?

JQS